“A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.” Are you also wondering to know how to make a quilting frame? Then, we at Justsewn have brought the simple and inexpensive steps for making your own quilt frame. You might be searching online for designing the right frame for you but getting confused about which to choose. That’s why we are here with unique designs which can be made at an affordable rate with quick and easy steps. There are numerous varieties in the market from lower prices to the high range. You need to choose the right one according to your budget, make sure not to choose a low-quality product because, in the end, it will cost you more than that as well. Thus, go for the long-lasting quilt frame at home. We at JustSewn will let you know some basic instructions that you need to follow for getting the Perfect Quality Frame at Home. For more information check out here: – https://justsewn.com/how-to-make-a-quilting-frame/
Material Required for Manufacturing the Quilt Framing
We at JustSewn will guide you in manufacturing the Best Quilting frame with simple, and easy steps. But first of you need to know the basic material requirements for making the quilting frame. You need to make sure that the actual frame. Out of the mentioned materials and tools, some are even available at your place & some you may have to pick up from the store.
Materials Used for Making the Quilting Frame
- 4 sections of flaw-free pine – 1′ x 4′ x 8′
- 4 sections pine – cut into (8) 16″ lengths
- plywood or particleboard – cut into (4) 8′ x 31″ pieces
- Spare fabric strips to make a fabric base
Tools for Making Quilting Frame
- A Saw
- 4 clamps
Now, you have everything to make a perfect quilting frame. Just follow the pending mentioned instructions and let your bed ready for you.
Step by Step Instructions for Making a Quilting Frame
We at JustSew have listed the step-by-step instructions for making long-lasting & affordable quilt in less time. You just need to follow the steps as specified and then you can get the perfect Quilting frame for your comfort.
- Start with cutting all the boards with the above-listed specifications.
- For making the frame base cut the top corners off at a 45 degree along with the 2 inches from the corner.
- Now connect the boards with cutting the notches by jigsaw for forming an X-base for the feet.
- Cut the top-sides and bottom sides of all four boards out of 4 of the boards mentioned as in the specifications.
- Measure from the edge around 7 5/8″.
- Now cut your notch 3/4″ wide and 1 3/4″ deep.
- You need to cut notches now in the particleboard for the legs.
- Cut a notch that will be 11/4′ wide in the bottom and 3 1/2″ deep (centered).
- Now at the top, cut a similar notch that is 1″ deep and 3 1/2″ wide.
- Add clamps, fabric, and tacks and you’re all set for suing the Quilting Frame.
Things to Remember while Making the Quilting Frame
It is very important to know some of the things while making the quilting frame to make sure the best product comes out. You need to select a pine board for the frame i.e. smooth, straight, and with the least knots. It is advised to tack the heavy fabric for the topmost 4 boards so you can pin your blanket or quilt to that fabric easily. Thus, if you are ready to make a quilt frame these will be the most helpful tips for getting excellent results.
We believe that you have got the right information that you are looking for. All the above listed are the topmost tips and tactics for making the Quilting Frame. You just need to follow the instructions step by step to make sure no mistake can last long and destroy your frame. This is one of the most affordable methods for making the perfect quilt frame within a short span of time. So, follow the guide and make a perfect Quilting Frame and enjoy.